Monday, January 4, 2010

Texas trip


We got back from Texas around midnight last night.
Let me just say, I had finished a long post about the trip, and accidentally deleted it. So Ill give you a shorter version. I hope to get more pictures posted on the site later on.
We went to San Antonio, and had a really good experience of the "Texas state of mind."
Here is a picture of the Alamo at bottom, the river walk, and another mission on the south side of town.
We stopped in Austin - the state capitol - and that was cool. We have a collection of pictures of state capitols.
It was interesting to see a monument to the war "fought for states rights."
At many small town courthouses, there were also monuments to the confederancy.
Ill try to write more later on.
Quiet the shock to the senses to come back to such cold weather. Back to reality I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Ya and the cold is only going to get worse this week. Can't wait til summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm moving to texas for the winter! d.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan to me! LOL! Seriously though, one day I hope to move somewhere that winters don't get so cold.

    ReplyDelete