Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Meetings and other topics

There are a few items I want to mention this morning.
I will be doing a live blog tonight at the city commission meeting. One item will be allowing wine at Paris Park for PrairieFest. I am not sure anyone cares about this. It does seem that more people are wanting alcohol at public events. Of course, we still bust Cowley students for drinking......
But I think what will happen, is that they will move that part into the Agri Business building. If they do that, they do not have to get a permit, and the city does not have to get involved.
This is part of trying to get PrairieFest more popular. They moved it downtown last year, and it was just too hot. I still think thats a good idea in principle, but you cant control the weather.
Anyone want to talk about PrairieFest? Do you like it? Why or why not?

I have been busy with freelance projects and have not posted as much lately. Its going to get worse. I am headed out of town for awhile. At least a week, maybe more. Headed to Tennessee. With all the flooding, I will have to go a different way.

My last topic of the morning:
Someone posted yesterday about having a monthly picnic in the summer. People could bring food and have games and such. I added that you could have bands too. This is a really good idea. You could also have speakers .. maybe a commissioner or school board member - or maybe a civic club representative who could talk a bit about their group.
I hope someone will take on that project. I do not have the energy to head up something - which is why there is no music festival cooking.  I would help someone if they will take the lead on it.

2 comments:

  1. NEED TO MAKE SOMETHING MORE POPULAR??

    JUST ADD ALCOHOL!

    Kinda speaks to our society as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It didn't used to be like that here, which was one of the things I liked about AC. Note the past tense. "Wine and wings"...gee, I wonder if the attendees will be the hoity-toidies who put on the thing. I love arts - but don't make enough to be accepted by the Arts Council.

    ReplyDelete