Monday, August 23, 2010

Today in Arkansas City

Maybe Ill start calling my local updates that -- Today in Arkansas City.
I know I have been too much into national news, and sports, lately. But sports IS important news. To me its really much more interesting than national politics. I actually do want to know how the new KU coach will do and who their quarterback will be. :)
***
Did you go to the Ren festival in Ark City over the weekend? I only went for a very short time. But it seemed like it was well attended and there was a lot going on. We really do have some interesting things going on from time to time here. One thought. I was reading somewhere that daily admission to the Ren Festival in Chicago is $50. Here it was $10.
Say what you like about Ark City, but I will take small town America over huge metropolis any day.
There are a lot of festivals and such coming up. The Car Show, a Barbeque festival labor day weekend (was in Winfield last two years) .. the Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield. .
There is a slight possibility that we will have our music festival again.
Anyways, would like to hear how you liked the festival..
***
I do need some help with the blog and or the site. Im really thinking at this point that I will move everything over here to the blog. But that could change.
I need people to submit material. and even do some writing if you would like. No anonymous writing unless I know who you are and we negotiate that. Cant pay anyone though. So you would have to do it for the good of Ark City, and that is why this blog is here..
I am having to actually make a living, and I am, but that means I dont have much time to put into this anymore.
I am freelancing a lot these days. I am slowly becoming an outdoors writer .. hunting fishing, camping etc., so Im learning as I go.
***
I should be able to post more local stuff on here in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment