Monday, June 21, 2010

Home again

Greetings everyone
Ive been gone about a week. Somehow I did not want to tell anyone where I was going or even that I was gone. Call me paranoid, Just seemed that there was no reason to let any criminally minded person know that no one was home for over a week at my house.

Our son got his PHD in computer science at a university in Delft, The Netherlands. his defense of his thesis was last week, and he was then given the degree. The defense was really interesting to watch. He stood before a group of scientists and answered some tough questions about his thesis, and it was done in English so that was nice. So we went for that. English is the language of business and science for most of the world.

We went to various towns in the Netherlands - i was informed that Holland is just one province and not the name of the country - sort of like saying ArkansSAW City. We also went to Brussells in Belgium. Was rather chilly much of the week, which can happen at anytime of the summer that far north.

I will post some pictures and some more commentary about the trip later on. Now we are seriously broke, So ill have to kick the freelance writing into overdrive.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is commendable. Glad you got to go. I know you all are proud of him. Look forward to any photos you would care to share.

    ReplyDelete