Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, City Commission, Economic Forum

I plan on being at the city commission meeting Tuesday night with the live blog. Not much on the agenda. But what's happening - or might be happening - behind the scenes is interesting. Lots of executive sessions lately, and no one is talking about what they are talking about.
Should be interesting once it all shakes out, if it ever does.

Economic forum Friday. Should be interesting. But I am not sure why it is on Friday morning when people can all come out real easily. Oh wait, people have jobs... I am going to try to go. I am self employed now, and oddly enough, sometimes I have less time available than  I had when i actually went to an office to work. Strange how that works out.
Still, the forum thing should be interesting. Also there will be representatives from various agencies there, which is what I think will be most interesting.
There are so many things out there that are possible. Where is the vision?

4 comments:

  1. JJ,
    Average joe says there are lots of lawyers here interviewing employees. Lots of complaints against the commission for their treatment of employees. Commission is on a mission to get rid of more employees that they do not agree with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, BS tried running that on Newscow blog. Nobody bit then, nobody's biting now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea its almost exactly the same wording as last year. I m thinking maybe we need some new rumors. the old ones are getting stale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new news blog for Arkansas City. I will be covering city commission as my main niche as much as possible. We will jump into other subjects that we find interesting, and I hope to have photos. The blog is for the community, so I will try to be responsive to reader interests. Let me know what you want. There may be several posts throughout the day, so scroll down.
    Tuesday 10-10-10. 7:23 pm. Wheres Mr. Dependable? Yes, he's not get paid, seems to be getting whats he's worth. You claimed you wanted to blog the commission, if you don't say so, someone else might be interested.

    ReplyDelete