Friday, October 22, 2010

More Volleyball, weekend events

 The halloween program at the museum continues tonight with various historical characters telling their tales. Buckskin Joe will be there. Nila Mack, an old Arkalalah Queen, and the Marshall, are some of them.
There is a haunted maze thing too.
Supposed to rain tonight, but we shall see. Far as I know its on. Starts at 6 and goes till about 9 Friday and Saturday.

I get accused of making this a volleyball blog., but ... there are worse things I could do.. like talk politics all the time.

Volleyball hosting Toys for Tots Night on Monday
With an opportunity to watch the No. 1-ranked Cowley College volleyball team and help a child in need, Tiger fans are asked to attend Toys for Tots Night on Monday when the Cowley volleyball team hosts Coffeyville at 6:30 p.m.
Any one that donates a toy to the event will be admitted free to Monday night’s match.

2 comments:

  1. Well I don't mind the volleyball coverage and I think your site is getting "hits" from all over the country following the #1 Team!

    I do think you have intentionally disconnected from the political debate - that's probably not that good! IMHO!

    But its your blogspot!

    I wish you could follow or a least ask the opinions of your readers and maybe even add new ones regarding some of the local events even the political ones! Like Goyle on the GE engines! or the economic forum! (Actually I don't agree with his (Goyle) stand and thats not because I'm for Pompeo! It's more along the same lines of having a Road Grader for every Township - If its unnecessary and determines competition by/through the use of Government to just benefit one group!

    AND

    It's because I think we have to worry about growth and development. Attracting other businesses/industry and alternatives.
    (People I have talked with say GE will never allow a ficility like ours to grow much above +/- 1000 jobs by design!)

    I understand if the site(s) cannot generate enough revenue for you to make a living!

    It still has had an impact!

    ReplyDelete