Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday morning

Ill try to get the cop notes posted a little later. Do you all like seeing the winfield and the county cop notes as well?
hopefully that will continue.
I have this idea of maybe pulling together a concert in late February. Our main band Remedy Drive, is looking for gigs in February. I guess the economy has had an impact on them to some extent as well.
But they are still an up and coming band, making noise on the national level.
Hope to reach a decision on that by the first of the year,
If anyone wants to get involved, let me know. I ll need people to help with fund raising, promotion and general set up.
But it will be indoors, so there will not be nearly as many logistical issues.
Also, I am thinking of charging admission. Be interesting to see what people might think of that. There is the idea that if it is free, it can't be that good.
Our free concerts had great music though.
Let me know what you think.

10 comments:

  1. I don't believe that admission is going to be a really great idea for those family's who may not be able to afford even a small admission fee. Free concerts are a great asset to the community. I guess you can try it and see if it turns out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea thats what im looking for ... what does everyone think?
    I was thinking of an admission for winter time, indoor shows, and free concert during the warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should take donations at the door!
    This lets everyone participate and on the basis they can afford.
    You might want to do it at the end of the concert rather than the beginning. Their performance might have an impact on the donations!
    Either way if someone simply can't pay they can still see the show!
    Also, those who are more blessed financially can also step up to the plate (or bucket).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charge something. It costs to put stuff on. Musicians, hotels, food, venue, etc., etc. I know you aren't trying to get rich on this, jj. But, the event should pay for itself and hopefully help with the upcoming event as well. My 2cents & you asked.

    D.Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be able to get at least $20 a person. Charge $40 for atheists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 2cents & you asked

    Spoken like a true repub!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do want as many opinions as possible.
    I like the atheist idea. Maybe we could ban them, get sued, and get on natinoal tv for discriminating....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps you could get all the churches to pay some to sponsor a show. Then give those churches that sponsor a block of tickets to give away how ever they want. Put their names in a program or something...

    ReplyDelete
  9. No self respecting atheist would admit to trying to get into it in the first place, so they sure wouldn't sue in a public court. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe they could hold it at the courhouse? On the steps maybe?

    ReplyDelete