Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Getting car worked on, meandering thoughts

Im sitting in the service waiting room at Eddys Toyota in Wichita. We always take our car to the dealership for major maintenance. Ok, im not shopping ark city, so sue me. :)
but my toyota has 160,000 miles on it and runs as good as it did when it was new. Just uses a little oil now.
We still do routine stuff like oil changes in Ark City. Love Rakies. I wouldnt let my dog go to jiffy lube.
But they do have a nice setup here at Eddys. Waiting room, with a side room for an area to work on your computer. They have wifi so you can hook up your laptop, or they have computers that are available too.
Free coffee and cookies.
The people make you feel like you actually matter.
I know its gonna cost more, but you cant beat the quality of workmanship.
Thats customer service.
There might be some businesses in Ark City that could take a lesson from that.
The roads were fine coming up. Just hope the weather holds out.


KazooToys.Com

One thing I noticed on the way up. On Highway before I got to winfield, there were three deer beside the road in a pile. Guess they got run over. Hopefully not at the same time.
Just made me wonder. when people hit deer, do they ever just take them home and have them butchered?
Would you have to have a hunting license to take a deer that you accidentally hit on the road?
Maybe our hunting and fishing writer can answer that.
I hope to get his new column posted tonight, or tomorrow morning.
I also have a food column to post.

10 comments:

  1. You have to call the sheriff and they will issue you a tag. Sometimes after they are hit, the meat is pretty damaged and not worth eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten the salvage tag and used what meat was good and thrown away the meat that was too damaged to eat. I really hate to see it just lay there and rot when people could eat the meat. Deer is so good for you, there is little or no fat in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat is an integral part of the diet, ask any nutritionist.

    Try page 2 of the NRA handbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um I didn't say to NOT eat fat, just that the meat had little or no fat.And that is was good for you. I don't have a NRA handbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you are saying that we should all go out of town to buy cars? I bought mine at Zellers and they have a very nice waiting room. AND, I'm putting money in Ark City and not Wichita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No im not saying what anyone should do. I dont tell people what to do:)
    Actually, i did go to local car dealers in AC and Winfield, but they said they could not do regular major maintenance on a toyota.
    I did try.
    I am sold on toyotas though. I didnt get it in wichita. Got it as a pup before i came to kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heck, try to buy a chevy in ark city. didn't like jiffy lube either. charged me $31 to change oil in my car and i furnished oil and filter. then tried to sell me wiper blades but i had just put new ones on two weeks befor. guess know why they arn't here anymore.d.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea thats exactly why they are not here anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rakies have serviced my car for the past 33 years. They are the best around, and you don't have to worry about them being dishonest. One thing that is nice is to go there to buy your gas, get the car swept, your oil and fluids checked, and windows washed for a couple of cents more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you had a good shopping experience. it's the kind of experience that makes people WANT to come back. I think most business owners would do good to 'apprentice' for a few years. I've felt like in more than a couple businesses in good old A.C., that the proprieters could care less if you were there or not and some just don't have a clue. (lights on but nobody home) and NO, i'm not insecure or any nonsense like that. i know business, i'm a business person and i know how to make customers happy... my 2cents.

    ReplyDelete