Thursday, December 24, 2009

Outrageous snow



We went to see some friends near Winfield. The now blowing in the daylight was interesting, but after dark it was treacherous.
You could only see a few feet, so we had to go real slow. The now was blowing so hard you could hardly see. Then there were drifts now and then and they would come up suddenly because you could not see.
I saw some cars getting stuck.
Im not sure which was worse. Driving on a backroad and not being able to see much at all, but not having to worry about traffic, or being on 77, and being able to see a little better but having to deal with traffic.
Either way, it was blizzard like conditions even though there was not all that much snow.
Should clear up Christmas Day. Dont go out before then if you can avoid it.

10 comments:

  1. I have a snow drift on my driveway that is four feet high and five feet wide. Sure thinking I was smart earlier by not pulling all the way up between the two houses. I am amazed that I actually saw the drift forming earlier, and to think, I said to self, "self, don't park up there." It is not a place I want to be outside for the night. I am listening to scanner feeling really sorry for the policemen in this town that so many bad mouth. They are out there constantly helping others out where they didn't need to be to begin with on a night like tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I want for Christmas is a mountain in Kansas with a couple of long Blue ski slopes.
    Ok, maybe some black ones too. oh and hold the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heard skyline road is a mess something like 12 cars stuck or in the ditch.d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo! Well Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJ, you might wanna ask Santa for a new "s" key.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive had some trouble with keys sticking. Also the "G" key at times.
    Got a can of compressed air. That should help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I hear anyone wish for a white christmas next year I am going to go off on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ditto on the go off on the white christmas!!!!!!!!!d.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am about to go off on anybody who talks about going off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. more s%**^ acommin'd.

    ReplyDelete