Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday, cop notes

Good morning.
Cop notes are updated.
There was a rape reported yesterday, no one arrested yet. There were also some car break-ins, and three vehicles versus bicycle accidents. Be careful out there.
Another sign that school is in session, was a few people charged - in different cases - with minor in consumption. This of course, is when the cops arrest 20-year-olds for drinking with 21-year-olds. Those who are 21 are charged with hosting. I may be exaggerating a bit, but that is the case at times.
But no matter what you think about that, it is still illegal to drink alcohol under the age of 21.

Getting historical

I see no one has commented on my post yesterday about a historic event, or an event from history. I don't know if people are interested in that sort of thing. I like history, and Arkansas City does have a colorful history. We really should make more of our history. What I posted was on the church page, but I thought it was interesting from a history-point of view as well as from the religious.
I also found links to Arkansas City race tracks. There used to be car racing here. There were two tracks over the years. One in the 30s and another in the 50s.
Ill post more on that later. I need to run some errands this morning. Then Ill get busy posting and reporting.


Visit FamilyChristian.com

9 comments:

  1. I think most people were busy yesterday or out enjoying the beautiful weather. I, lucky me, had to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you are old enough to go to war at 18 you are old enough to drink. I am not a drinker but if you are old enough to die for your country you should be able to drink in it. That law is really lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the article was interesting and the writer was definately from a different era!
    I don't discount the fact there are miralces in modern day society. We just view them different from those of previous times when there was less knowledge and fewer options!
    But, God can't go agianst his creation - the things he has set in place - and we were put in this place (body and spirit) for a purpose!
    Finding that purpose is the key!
    In a previous post Charles was remorseful over a youth who had suffered the loss of his leg. The miracle was that the youth was saved from his cancer. While he didn't get things his way or the same as someone else was he reminded and reinforced that he still had a future?
    If we spend all our time comparing notes - we lose sight of what we have and are supposed to be doing with our lives!
    If your alive your story hasn't ended - you still have a future - and God is not done with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 9:14 and don't forget if they can also vote and make decisions like that, then certainly they should be able to choose to drink. Seems to be a little double standard(for lack of a better word right now) there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to mention the fact that when they get caught doing a crime at 18 - how are they charged? Not as a minor no they are charged as ADAULTS - i know of one minor who got a DUI at 16 but the city didn't charge him until after he was 18 - hmm - he was charged as an adult and now has to spend 2 days in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous said...
    "In a previous post Charles was remorseful over a youth who had suffered the loss of his leg.
    August 31, 2009 9:22 AM"

    You misunderstood my post. But, I did apologize for posting. I can do it again.

    I am sorry for posting that piece on here. Please, I entreat you, accept my apology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What the hell does one have to do with the other? Drinking = enlisting???That's like comparing apples to concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well um lets see, when you are old enough to enlist and risk dying in war serving your country to protect those at home, you are old enough to have a beer. That is so not comparing apples to concrete. That is saying that when I am home from the war, I can have a beer with my pizza. Not a hard concept. If an 18 year old is not mature enough to have a beer with his pizza he sure as heck is not mature enough to hand an M-16 to go to war. SO NOT a hard concept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. IMHO, 18 is too young to vote, go to war, OR drink beer. The reason the military wants 18 year olds is because they still think they are invincible, and will follow orders. People with a few more years of maturity might question their orders in suicidal situations.

    ReplyDelete