Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday, weekend update

Good morning everyone.
I have posted the cop notes on the site.
Lots of updating going on with the web site now. I have the food page started. Right now it will focus on recipes.
The health page was updated with Dean Hall's column.
I went to the Burford Show Saturday night, but have not get posted the photos. They will be posted on the site soon.
Also have some Cowley College material to get posted, hopefully this morning.
This all leads me to a question. I would like some reader input.
Would you rather I have a whole lot of different kinds of pages, or would you rather see just a few pages with more depth. So the question basically is, do you want depth or do you want variety? Of course one tries to balance the two, but I was just curious what the preference would be.

Chocolate Gifts from Chocolate.com.
Use the code "Summer09" for an additional 10 percent off, through Aug. 30.

10 comments:

  1. I like the variety and the different sections.
    Its often pretty hard to put a lot of depth into articles and you tend to lose the readers.
    I really like the fact that you are getting others involved - interesting people that want to tell about some of the things they have knowledge or enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. variety, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. which ever. its still better than brand x. but variety is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,
    Flattery will get you anything :)
    Did you notice, on their new site, they did a poll asking what you thought of the site.
    The only options are positive.
    If you really like the blog and the site, help spread the word.
    Thats the biggest obstacle at the moment I think.
    Just getting the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed that the only option was positive.

    I really like your site and read it everyday. I think the thing I would like to see more of is breaking news stories?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...its still better than brand x."

    You got that right. Go, jj. I think they will be sorry one of these days for the way they did. Oh well, the strongest statement I can make is I will not pay 2cents for a paper and I will NOT write 1 word on the blogs over there. No worries, jj, as the word gets out, this will grow. Was thinking of maybe some news on here though, or maybe a few links to the daily headlines from somewhere...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mean "here" as in the blog or the web site?
    ive been thinking that too, but ill have to be careful with copyright etc.
    i did find out how to post AP stories for free now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. idk, i seem to come here more often. maybe because i like the talk. check out other folks blogs, etc. not visit the other site too much. guess i should, huh? others may feel different.

    on another note, jj, i think the "paper" as in papyrus is going to go the way of the dinosaur. so, my point is: by accessing the internet and creating a newspaper there, you may be able to tap into this virtual generation that actually expects to get what they need online. i NEVER pick up a papyrus anymore, (particularly brand x) it's desktop, laptop, or my phone. just need to figure out a way to make this pay your bills. you gotta eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry JJ, but I never go to the website. I just stick to the blog. I think you should have more news and breaking stories over here on the blog. The website is to hard to navigate.. and I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, I may try to do that more.
    Its good to know what you all think.

    ReplyDelete