Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday's posting


Greetings everyone.
The cop notes are posted on the site. Also posted a press release from the Walnut Valley Festival, or bluegrass as it is more commonly known.
Also put up a couple pictures from last year. The picture with this post is of the lead singer for the group The Wiyos. The WV Fest is one of my favorite events in the area. I hope to camp there this year.
They are really not bluegrass anymore.
Last year they were flooded and there was no camping. Several campers stayed in Arkansas City.
I will be posting pictures from yesterday soon.
I saw no one commented on the river post yesterday. No one wants to talk about that anymore?

6 comments:

  1. After a while there is only so much you can talk about with the river posts. Till the city commision and the PD decide that the river access can happen it will be a pretty much dead subject. I think from the poll is shows more people than not would like to see it happen. And as I am sure if the city would get volunteers to clean up the sites with the promise from the city to maintain it would be a good. When the rivers flood then the fisher men of Arkansas city will just have to jump on the band wagon with the city to clean it up. What would be wrong with voluteer workers with the pledge of the city donating trucks and mowers and a few good men/women to run them for the voluteers. It all hinges on the city to break loose and let the citizens have access to the rivers. What do you all think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its a great idea and another area where the WCF workers could be applied! Oh! They shouldn't be allowed to breathe the same air!
    If you want to bad enough I'll bet you can find a way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all hinges on the city to break loose and let the citizens have access to the rivers. What do you all think?
    >>
    I agree. But who has approached the commission with this request? Someone needs to.
    I will probably run for commission next time, and this will be one of my - if not THE - main points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will vote for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a Christmas Light floatilla on the Arkansas River? Maybe a few display platforms with barrels for floatation anchored and run with some generators?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dare you to organize it. :)
    better get started.
    Ill give you all the publicity you want.

    ReplyDelete