Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday morning

There were some pretty good posts on the health care issue over the past couple of days. I think there are many people who have good ideas right here in River City.
I am still building the web sie and still looking for content. So, I would like to invite you to write a column.
I am looking for people to do it regularly, but if you want to do it just once, that would be fine.
I will try to run just about anything. But I wont run personal attacks against people.
On health care, there is more to the issue than what we are being told, as one poster said. Part of that is that it is a very complex thing.
I don't see it as a handout at all. There is currently free care available if you are really poor. The thing is, a lot of times you have to go to the emergency room to get help if you really are broke. That's like buying your week's groceries at a convenience store.
I do know some people who are relatively poor, who work hard, but are just not making enough money. If they get sick, they are just out of luck. It is those people who need help.
I know there are bums who will work the system. Our church runs a Manna Ministry, where we give away food. There are people who show up every time, and they go to every place that offers free food, and they take whatever they can get.
But the majority really are in need.
The real "christian" thing to do is to help people who need help. If you do that, you will be abused some, that's just part of the deal.

Fanzz_NCAA_468x60.jpg

I have gathered several ads for companies that are offering discounts and other good deals. If you shop with them I will get a small commission, just saying that in an attempt and full disclosure. Here is the link: http://arkcityrevived.com/AD_PAGES/shoes.html

5 comments:

  1. JJ, what frustrates me with people is they are not really listening to Obama, they just hear nationalized health care and jump on the no handout band wagon. I don't like everything he is doing and saying, but in his first healthcare presentation on tv he said, it will take baby steps and can and will not be nationalized in just a few years. The message I'm getting is taking it in baby steps will keep us from ending up like other countries with a poor health care system. I've watched him in meetings with the senate and noticed he is open to others ideas. At least he listens and tries to work with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I might get shot for this, but, the more I listen to him, the more I like him.
    Either he really does care about doing a good job, or he is a great con man.
    There are many issues I would not agree with him on. But I think I would rather have a dynamic leader who actually leads, than someone I agree with more but doesn't lead.
    I am not loyal to either party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am registared non affiliated but I do like some of the things Obama says, and I have really been impressed with the way he started working right away on what is ailing our country. I agree with you on this mornings blog. While I have been eligible for food stamps I have never used them because I wanted to do it on my own and so far have but it wasn't always easy. I do believe there are going to be some people at some time or another in their lives that just can't make it. For them there must be an alternative. I am a big fan of Urgent care clinics, wish we had a clinic here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used to be a walk in clinic at the hospital when my kids were little, don't know why they got rid of it.
    I'm a registered dem, but i vote for who i want and don't follow party lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Free money? There is no such thing. People like Obama because of all the handouts and stimulus he talks of. Tax credit for this and tax credit for that. That money has to come from somewhere and it has to be paid back! Liberals think that money must grow on trees....What I don't get is why tax breaks for people who are buying this year, why not give us that have bought for years and paid our bills, not filed bankruptcy or let things get repoed get a break for once!

    ReplyDelete