Thursday, June 11, 2009

City commission worksession

The Arkansas City City Commission has its worksession meeting today at 5:30 p.m. at city hall. These meetings are open to the public.
The regular meeting will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
Here is what is on the agenda.

  • Receive report from City-Cowley County Health Department Director David Brazil. He will be asking for $27,270 for the coming year. The health dept. received $17,270 last year. Their total budget is $976,649.62
  • Consider resolution authorizing lease assignment between City and Ark Hospitality, Inc. This is the Regency Court Best Western Hotel on the north side of town. It is being sold, and the owners want to tranfer IRB bonds to the new owners. The city holds those bonds, so would have to approve the transfer.
  • Consider ordinance levying special assessments for the cost of nuisance abatement for properties in violation of city codes. There are six, totaling about $1,000.
  • Consider ordinance levying special assessments for the cost of property maintenance violations for properties in violation of city codes. There are 18, totaling $1,800.
  • Consider ordinance amending City Code revising camping regulations in City Parks. This would establish a fee of $15 for 72 hours. This will allow camping at other city parks in addition to Newman Park and Walnut Park for special events.
  • Consider Mayor’s appointments to City Boards.

20 comments:

  1. JJ,

    You should check out Zeller Motors today. They have the General Lee and an old Deputy car out front. Must be having a promotion of some kind. Nice photo oportunity though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. be sure to wear your Daisy Dukes JJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ,

    If you had worked half as hard reporting for the paper as you do here on the blog, you would still have a job at the Traveler.

    Damn man, get over it and move on....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the Traveler getting nervous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @11:55am

    the poster is right

    cry a river, then build a bridge and get the fuck over it

    ReplyDelete
  6. My working hard at the Traveler was never a question.
    I made a mistake and they canned me. Ive said I was sorry to my readers, that's all I can do.
    I've no ill feelings toward the Traveler.
    I was not a reporter. I wish I could have done more reporting, but there was just not time.
    Most editors write very little for their paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gonna do a piece about officer Cleveland? I think he'll do well as a Dare and SRO. I've noticed a few times, that kids listen to him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm a little leery of the police dept.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a police story that got me in trouble at the Traveler.
    It was my fault, but, still.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok JJ. It was not that big a deal to me and a lot of others. I never once believed it was done on purpose. Don't let it keep you down. Go get em! Talk to him yourself. I didn't see a personal interview in the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @11:55a.m. Baloney! I agree w/ 3:22p.m. It was not a big deal to me and no I do not believe jj did anything wrong on purpose.

    for what it's worth, i happen to like jj. pretty good company to be in.

    D.Q.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks guys.
    Im over it, Ive moved on. Im just not leaving Arkansas City.

    Ive had trouble posting some today. Anyone else having trouble?
    Must be a google thing, either that or a communist plot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never had any comments not post, but sometimes it doesn't post until I push the post button a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always have to push the button twice. And why does my back button not take me back to the start with one click? It's like it makes me go two or three pages back instead of one when I click on a thread. Is that a money making thing to get more clicks? It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I dont know why it does that. Sometimes if I push it twice, my post gets posted twice.
    I think its just a Google thing.
    Ive no idea on the back button. I have not noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. advertisements is what makes you have to click back several times, does it to me too. Just press that little down arrow button by the arrows for manuvering between pages and then click on the specific page you want.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You actually have to click a back button TWICE?????What an inconvenience. And they accuse people of being lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes people dont have a lot of time to sit here on the comp like some must obviously. I've been on pages that you would have to click back up to 7 times just to get back to the original page. No big deal really, just annoying as all get out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In your computer settings, you can set it up where whatever you click on, opens in a new page. Then when you are done with that, just close it, and you go back to where you were.
    If you click on an ad, it will sometimes do that to keep you on the page.
    Another trick is to right click on what you are going to click on, and select "open in a new tab."

    ReplyDelete