Sunday, June 7, 2009

Prairiefest


PrairieFest continues today, starting at 12:30. It goes until about 3.
I went for awhile yesterday. There were not many people there at all. It was probably the hottest day of the year so far, and the seats were all out in the sun.
The music was good though. I saw the Howlerz. I liked them a lot. At one point I was the only person sitting in the seats.
Turned out to not be much of a traffic problem at all.
Maybe people were just too used to the park and didnt want change.
I still like the idea of downtown events.
What do you all think?

Today's schedule is available on the web site.
www.arkcityrevived.com

Please help spread the word about the site and the blog. Also let me know the type stuff you want to see on here. I am not seeing many comments on Prairiefest or Relay for Life. Do you want that type stuff?

5 comments:

  1. YES, PLEASE COVER STUFF LIKE PRAIRIEFEST! This town needs more culture, art, music, etc. You are helping this too with your concerts and music fest.

    I think the art fest is fine either way. I always liked the park, but now that the city has downtown all fixed up it is nice to show it off too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ, just because you are not getting comments does not mean people aren't reading and staying informed. It may not be controversial or there is nothing people have to add to the subject, that's all.

    As for Prarie Fest, there were two women at the Cherokee Strip Campground this weekend who said they had been coming for 10 years. They said this would be their last thanks to the move. They said it was too hot! I'm not totally against the idea of having it up town, but the block they chose was in direct sunlight. Having said that, I did not go this year but I have never been to the park. At least I did notice it this year!

    Also, the timing was terrible for the move with the bypass being closed for repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Yea it can't always be gay marriage, abortion, and big boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely move the music back to the Wilson Park Rotunda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, then how bout doctor assisted suicide or capital punishment. LOL!

    ReplyDelete