Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The site

Some good suggestions yesterday for the web site. There's so much that could be done, and so little time.
I have assembled some links to various national stores. A lot of shoe stores for instance, because everyone says we need a shoe store. There is also some links to unusual items, and many other things that you might buy anyways. Ive tried to put things on there that are not readily available here.
If you make purchases there online, it will support this web site.
http://arkcityrevived.com/AD_PAGES/shoes.html

I would like to start a classified ad section. Will probably offer free ads very soon, for a limited time.
Also you may have noticed we now have a fishing column. I would like to have more local writers. If there is an area you are fairly knowledgeable about, and would like to write about, let me know.
I will have more items to post today, so keep checking in:)

12 comments:

  1. Half the shoe store links don't work for me, but I did find one that sells my shoes I like to get that stage quit carrying. Soon as I need another pair, I'll be ordering! Is the shoe section the only ones that contributes to the site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ, did you forget "dustin" offered to write for you when you were at the Traveler. Be kinda like getting two for one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What dustin wanted was to write a couple letters to the editor. so he did. that was all that was.
    Thanks for letting me know that some of the links dont work.
    All of those sections, all of the ads, contribute to the site when sales are made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey JJ or anyone else- I heard today that Mozitti's restraunt is supposedly closing soon. Heard anything? Hope its not true, but would not be too surprised unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They need to lower their prices a little. This is AC, not New York.

    ReplyDelete
  6. James, I have an idea. How about having a weekly contest? Take a close up picture of Ark City architecture and let people guess what and where it is. After the guessing, you can print a story about the history of the building/business. I can even e-mail you the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newscow is reporting Mozitti's is closed for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Motherof2, great idea, send me the picture

    ReplyDelete
  9. They need to lower their prices a little. This is AC, not New York.

    Nope, I disagree. Everyone should have a decent meal every now and then. Budget for it. You will feel better after it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You usually get what you pay for in terms or quality with food.

    Thank goodness for the new meat market or this town would be worthless in the way of food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope, I disagree. Everyone should have a decent meal every now and then. Budget for it. You will feel better after it.

    June 24, 2009 11:37 AM


    Dude, budget your brain, I never said I didn't eat there, I said the prices are high for AC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I apologize for the June 25, 2009 7:50 AM comment to that person. No excuses, other then being in a not so good mood this morning. I try not to let people make me mad.

    ReplyDelete