Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Old book, same politics

I get tired of politics, and people say they get tired of politics. But, i can post about any subject I can think of, and the only thing that gets comments from readers is politics.
I just started reading a book by Bob Woodward about the Clinton presidency. Its an insiders look at the campaign and what it was like in the inner circle during his presidency. I doubt there will be lot of details about Monica, but ive not read that far yet, so who knows eh.
Im just reading about the campaign for 1992 now. It doesnt seem that different than Obama really.
I remember how outraged the pubs were when he won. The weeping and wailing about Obama sounds a lot like the weeping and wailing then. Of course, we had the other side weeping and wailing just as much when Bush won twice.
I like the issues of politics, and the debates on issues. What I get tired of is the weeping and wailing of the side not in power.
I remember saying about Clinton, and about Bush and now Ill say it about Obama. if he helped a little old lady and her cat across the street, someone would be saying he was just trying to steal her wallet.
In Obama's case he would be trying to steal her insurance card i guess.
We all know that republicans are upset that they lost. We all know that dems were upset when bush won. and we know that pubs were upset when clinton won. so .... maybe we dont need to keep on with the weeping and wailing about how bad the other side is.
Does either side have any actual ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment