Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Updated site

Lots of updates on the site today, finally.
Ive had some computer problems. Vista is not what it was cracked up to be. It is not apparently compatible with the windows updates that are sent to the computer from Microsoft. I try to hold off the updates, but once in awhile once slips in, and it messes up my computer..
Has anyone else had this problem with vista?
Anyways, we have a new food page and a new cowley college page.
in sports a former cowley pitcher was called up to the big leagues.
I am starting the soldier - hometown heroes - page tomorrow. I have a couple already. I would like to invite people to send me information about soldiers serving overseas, particularly those in Iraq or Afghanistan, but anywhere is fine.
I also have a story or two laying around that readers have submitted. I hope to get those posted tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Everyone I know is having problems with windows vista. One person I know is having trouble with activation. From articles I have read, it turned out to be a real bomb and the new windows 7 is supposed to be more like the old ones. Thank god i still am using xp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have xp on my desktop. but the laptop came with vista. too bad you cant update in reverse eh.
    Im thinking some of these companies just update to be updating, and to have something else to try to make you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theres the option of buying windows xp. If you want to shell out some dough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vista is Junk. That is why I bought a new Mac. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only know one person that actually likes vista. The other day I was helping someone get there computer on track and we had to call tech support, well I asked the guy if he had vista and he absolutely hates it. Now thats bad when someone knows lots about computers and doesn't like the vista.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats worse than Vista is the windows updates. The updates screw up my computer until its almost unusable.
    Wondering if there is a way to shut off windows updates once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they are coming out with a new windows next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya, windows 7. October 22 i believe.

    ReplyDelete