Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Walnut Valley Adventure begins

I got up before daylight this morning to get ready for the landrush. It wasn't the one into indian territory. It was the landrush at the Walnut Valley Festival, where you set up for camping.

I started yesterday. We have a pop up camper out on the river that we leave out there all the time.I took it down, checked out things like tires, and brought it to my house.

I left around 6 a.m., and was in line by 6:30 in Winfield, waiting for the landrush to begin at 7.
Even that early, I was still camper number 425. There are people who arrive over a month early and get lower numbers. Some people had already been there for weeks by the time of the county fair which was over a month ago.
I really had no idea what to expect, but it was not as hard as i thought it would be.
I plan on being up there most of next week and will be posting reports from the festival.
Going to do some live blogs from there as well.

 Last year they were washed out as far as camping goes. It was a bit wet this morning, but looks to be ok. The weather forecast is pretty good.
Click here for a longer account of today's activities.

2 comments:

  1. i was there sunday evening. wow what a bunch of campers. was over by west 14th gate. heard some really great music from a campsite. this is going to be a great year for the fest. just hope mother nature will cooperate. d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather forecast looks good.
    Im in the west campground - the walnut grove?
    Directly behind the craft barn, second road back.
    Later today - monday - ill have a tennessee vols sign out in front of my camper.
    Stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete