Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday morning

With the slow internet connection here, its not too easy to upload pictures and such on the web site. Looks like I can blog though.
Stayed up really late again last night. The Carp Camp is just an amazing place. There were 35 people playing last night.
A lot of these people dont know each other and have never played together before. What is amazing to me is now they are able to play together so well. The songs are well known to the players anyway, so that helps.
There were several small shows happening last night. One place had a show called "songs you cant play for your mama." It was a bit off color, but really funny.
There was a competition. The winner got some beer. Of course, we all know beer isnt allowed on the fairgronds. Oh well.
I never actually saw it.
There were some official performances last night as well. The kickoff concert featured winners from last year's competitions. Again there was some amazing music. The guitar players were playing two tunes at once on the same guitar. I had never heard anything like that before.
This morning there was a workshop on unusual instruments. There was a digery-do from Australia, as well as other instruments.
I can hear the music from stage three at my campsite.
The weather is perfect.
I may have to go out somewhere and find a good internet connection. I have some good pictures that id like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment